How to Setup NewsLeecher Newsreader
1. Visit the NewsLeecher website to download the latest release of NewsLeecher.
2. When you have the .exe file downloaded to your computer double click to start the installation process.
3. A window will appear that looks like this.
4. Read the license agreement and if you agree with the terms choose "I accept the agreement".
5. You can change the installation directory here by clicking on "Browse". By default NewsLeecher will be installed in C:\Program Files\NewsLeecher folder in Windows.
6. You can change the name of the folder that will be created in the Start Menu here.
7. Now you can choose what icons and shortcuts you want created when setup completes.
8. You are now ready to install NewsLeecher. Click on the install button to start the installation.
9. Success! NewsLeecher has been installed on your machine. Click "Finish" to launch NewsLeecher for the first time and configure it to work with UsenetCentral.
10. NewsLeecher won't automatically launch. You need to locate the NewsLeecher shortcut that is created on your desktop, or if you choose not to have a shortcut created locate NewsLeecher in the Windows start menu to launch NewsLeecher.
11. This tutorial covers the free trial of NewsLeecher. If you have purchsed the full version of NewsLeecher enter your NewsLeecher members area email and password. Please note this information is different then your Usenet Central login information.
12. When NewsLeecher opens click on the Manage tab and then click Add Server. The window below will appear where you can enter your Usenet Central login information. In the server address box enter news.usenetcentral.com in the port box enter 119. In the server nickname box enter Usenet Central, change the connections to 45. Check the Server Requires Login box and then enter your Usenet Central username and password. If you've lost your login information you can use our forgot login form to retrieve it.
13. Now that you have Usenet Central configured in NewsLeecher click on the Manage tab then Subscribe to Groups, then choose Fetch Entire Group List. NewsLeecher will connect to our servers and download the complete list of over 100,000 newsgroups which will then be displayed in the window below.
14. This is how NewsLeecher will display the list of newsgroups. To subscribe to a newsgroup use the search box to filter the group your interested in. Once you've located the newsgroup right click on it and select Subscribe. The newsgroup will then appear in the left window directly below the Usenet Central server.
15. Now we are going to show you how to download with NZB files using NewsLeecher. First find and NZB file. Once you have the NZB file downloaded to your computer open NewsLeecher. Click on the Queue tab and choose Import NZB. NewsLeecher will then queue up all the required file pieces. To start downloading click on the Connect button in the top menu. NewsLeecher will now connect to our servers and start the download.
That concludes our tutorial on how to download from Usenet Central with NewsLeecher newsreader. If you still have questions about how to use NewsLeecher please contact customer service. They are standing by waiting to help you get started with Usenet Central.